1967 Plymouth GTX
1967 440 GTX
|Country||State / Province||City / Town||Zip / Postal Code|
Listed under categories:
• Originally sold in Virginia, September 1966, early in the model year. The restorer bought it from Florida in 2008 as a very solid, rust-free driver.
• 36,500 miles (cannot confirm as original)
• All numbers matching drive train - Engine, Automatic trans and Rear-axle.
• Fender-mounted turn signals.
• Original GTX slanted tips, AM Radio works great.
• Fender Tag.
• Options include Power Steering, Disc Brakes, Bucket seats, Console/floor shift
• Chrome 15" Magnum 500 wheels with 215-65R 15 tires.
• All electricals work as they should. The console mounted tach is a later addition.
PAINT, BODY, FRAME & SUSPENSION
The car is painted Dark Copper Poly Metallic. The rotisserie restoration was completed in 2011 and all of the suspension and mechanicals were rebuilt. See restoration photos (BTW, the photos are scans from film, not digital). I have owned it since July 2012. It was showing 34000 miles when I got it, and still presents well. The undercarriage is super clean with some wear and tear from being driven about 2500 miles.
GLASS, CHROME AND TRIM
The windshield is tinted and all windows operate and line-up perfectly. The front and rear bumpers are rechromed and in very good condition. The stainless trim is in great shape.
The black vinyl interior is 100% original and still in immaculate shape. The console and glove compartment doors operate well. Has seat belts front and rear. (What you see attached to the steering column are hand-controls.)
The strong running original numbers matching 440 makes excellent power and runs great. This engine runs extremely smooth and very easy to drive in any given traffic condition. The GTX has excellent drivability and runs cool, even in stop and go traffic. This drive train combo runs and drives very well in all conditions whether highway or city driving. The 8 ¾” rear end has 2:93 gears. It also has an original Dual- Snorkle Air Cleaner with a new 800cfm Edelbrock Carb (the original carb is included). Also includes a car cover and has always been kept in a heated garage since the restoration was completed.
If you have any questions before, during or after the sale, do not hesitate to contact me.
I encourage prospective buyers, their buyer's agents or inspectors to come and see this car in person. Contact Mr. E. Pettipas:
phone: 902 868-2309
Car is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia (on the east coast of Canada) and overseas shipping is easily available. Feel free to contact me about costs.
Price $55000. U.S. No trades thank-you, I already have my eye on something else!
|Phone||Fax||Cell / Mobile|
|(902) 8682309||Click Here|