Although having a family resemblance to the XK120 and XK140, theXK150 was radically modernised. A one piece windscreen replaced thesplit screen and the wing line no longer dropped as much over thedoors. The bonnet was widened, opened down to the wings, and on theroadster the bulkhead was moved back four inches to make the bonnetlonger. In the interior, the XK140''s walnut dashboard was replacedby a leather trimmed unit. On the early examples an aluminiumcentre dash panel with an X pattern engraving was fitted whichlooked similar to the early 3.8 litre E-type. It was discontinuedafter June 1958 and thinner doors gave more interior space. Thestandard engine, the same as fitted to the XK140, was the 3.4 litreDOHC Jaguar straight-six rated at 180bhp at 5750rpm but most carswere fitted with the SE engine that had a modified cylinder headwith larger exhaust valves rated at 210bhp at 5500rpm. Twin1.75-inch SU HD6 carburettors were fitted. Four-wheel Dunlop 12inch disc brakes appeared for the first time although it wastheoretically possible to order a car with drums. Either wirewheels or steel wheels could be specified and the suspension andchassis were very similar to that on the XK140.This lefthand drive fixedhead coupé XK150 SE was originallysupplied to Mr. R. J. Wilson of Hamilton, Ontario. A restorationproject has been carried out in recent years and the car presentsin exceedingly good order throughout. The maroon coachwork iscomplemented by tan leather trim and beige carpets. Power from the3400cc engine is delivered via a manual gearbox and overdrive unit,resulting in this well appointed car being a delight to drive andcoping with long distances with alacrity. Supplied with a V5registration document and a Jaguar Heritage certificate, thisJaguar XK150 represents an excellent opportunity to acquire a soundexample of a highly collectable Jaguar.