Vehicle to be offered for Auction sale WITHOUT RESERVE and SOLD to the highest bidder January 15th-19th at Russo and Steele''s 14th Annual Scottsdale Arizona Auction. Please contact us for more information.During early May 1953, at GM’s Flint, Michigan Buick Motor Division Plant, a Matador Red Skylark with a red and white interior was assigned body number 902, and moved to the assembly area to await production. This particular car was ordered by Bell Aircraft of Buffalo, NY. Shortly after being assigned a broadcast or VIN number A16967314, the body was moved with its dolly to the body assembly area to await wiring, dash parts, and other body parts prior to body drop. We know these dates because we have copies of the original Buick production records and confirmation on the car itself: the Clock Date is April 30, 1953 and the Seat Trim date is January 7, 1953. After completion, this beautiful car was sent to engine and chassis test and final inspection. After passing inspection, it was taken to the Buick Flint assembly transportation center to be trucked to Millian Buick Co., Inc. at 363 Delaware St. in Buffalo, NY. Today, this dealership is known as Keyser Buick, at the same address. Following dealer preparation including road tests, clean-up, mechanical and accessory tests, it was fitted with the dealer-installed Continental Kit. That was not an inexpensive addition and I would bet the Bell Aircraft executive, Mr. Novick, wanted a Buick that looked over the top! We know that it was built for Earl Novick as his name is engraved on the horn button. On May 29, 1953, the delivery records show it was handed over to Bell Aircraft on Niagara Falls Blvd. in Niagara Falls, NY. As related by a subsequent owner, the Skylark remained at Bell Aircraft as a plant touring and executive car there for many years.This very rare 1953 Buick Skylark Convertible is one of General Motors’ 50th Anniversary cars. The body and interior had a complete frame-on restoration in 2006, with less than 500 miles ever since. The consignor purchased it in December 2008 and had a new white top and chrome ring on the “Continental” kit installed. A completely rebuilt engine, transmission, braking system, power window assembly, and new coil springs are also now part of this beautiful and timeless classic!